4.23.2012
Cheesecake!
Why am I up at this hour? Shouldn't I be in bed? Why yes! I should! Instead I just finished making a decadent cheesecake. It felt pretty great making such a wonderful dessert for absolutely no other reason than because I wanted to, even though I didnt really have the time or energy to do so. The only thing about cheesecake is for me who really is a fan of instant gratification, I sure have to wait a while to enjoy the fruits of my labors. Good things come to those who wait, right? Today was a pretty rough day in some regards. I felt so tired and ragged by the end of the day, I was tempted to again turn my back to the never ending work that I feel so obligated to attack and go home and curl up in bed. Instead I scrounged up the energy to write the schedule for the next day on the board and then found a boundless source of energy to which I looked at my long list of to dos and slowly did be after another. Then, I looked at my list and added a few more to make up for the things I just completed. I left the school around six fifteen, went to the store, came home ate dinner, read scriptures with the fam, and started this cheesecake adventure at about 9:00! Can you believe it? I wish I had the picture of how many bowls it took to make this delicate dessert. Or how I had to wrap the springform pan in heavy duty foil and place it in a water bath, etc, etc, etc... It looks pretty beautiful! I wish I could share it with all of you!I know that I will probably regret my rash, immature choices, but for now I am reveling in my rebellion against my tiredness. Hence, this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment