A quote I remember well states, "The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention!". I don't remember who said this wonderful piece of wisdome. It is something that I would do well to remember. I have been intending to write marvelous posts and spend every waking moment preparing for Tuesday. (Tuesday is my second day as a long term sub for south Jordan middle school, but my first day in charge all by myself.). Although these intentions are very wonderful, it means nothing if I do not follow with action. So, today I am trying to do even the tiniest deed and be happy with my progress. I will not be perfect on Tuesday. I am qualified to do the job and I believe I can do it well. My goals for Tuesday include getting there early to settle in for the day, get familiar with the building (I got so lost on Wednesday trying to get from the cafeteria back to my classroom), introduce myself and get to know my students, stay on top of the schedule, go with the flow, and find a person that I can go to with all of my questions and concerns. This might seem pretty ambitious, but this list is actually quite toned down.
How funny that this post is about intentions and I saved this post and never finished it on the day I started it. Well, better late than never, right?
Wednesday was a good day at work. It was very hectic and stressful, but very enjoyable as well. I am trying no t to get so wound up that I cent sleep for tomorrow, because i have faith that if I do my best and trust in Heavenly Father that it will all be fine. Even if it doosnt feel fine in the moment.
My aunts family are gone until next Friday visiting Matthew, their oldest son in Texas. They will stop by Nichole's house too! I wish they had driven to Texas, so I could have just hitched a ride! I miss Nichole, Jeff, and Abigail! So, I have had a big empty house to myself. Thank goodness I have a friend who was lonely too this weekend. We were able to keep each other company this Easter weekend. The message that spoke to me this Easter was one of heavenly father and Jesus christ's great abounding love for every single one of us. I have really been enjoying retreading the general conference talks.
Again, another day has gone by without me completing this post. Today was a busy day of Dr. Appointments and errands. I have been officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia and referred to more doctors. I am grateful for the good health I have. I have no profound thoughts today. I wish I could fast forward this part of my life a little bit.
One exciting thing. I have been taking care of my aunt Linda's sweet peas she planted in her garden before she left on spring break, and they are Sprouting and peeking through the dirt! Seeds are pretty miraculous to me. It's amazing to plant a seed and watch it grow o it's. Full potential. Oh and I met the most adorable two and half year old named Milo at the doctors office. We all had to wait a long time to be seen and so I made friends with him by playing games with him on my iPad. Having an iPad is a Great way to make friends. That was fun.
Well, I going to go to bed early tonight so I can start tomorrow off right.
"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been,I have great faith in a seed. Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders."
Henry David Thoreau

Glad to know that things are going well with your job! I'm sure it will continue to be stressful while you get used to things, but I'm sure you are a great teacher!
ReplyDelete