4.22.2012

Not good enough

That is the general feeling that I have been feeling lately. So, this week has been really busy with work. I go in at seven o clock and on average leave the school at five thirty or six. I have made some changes regarding behavior management and the students have been responding well. I am getting really attached to the students! I love them so much. I have been getting positive feedback from the teachers I collaborate with and over all had a good week. It has been busy and I have had two interviews, one with canyon school district and one with a charter school in Springville. So... Here's the bummer news. My principal came into my room after school on Friday to let me know that they had filled the position. Bummer. He then proceeded to tell me that for just graduating in December I was doing really great things and that they were really glad to have me here. So, to me it felt like... You are good, but not quite good enough. However, while it is a bummer and I have shed some tears over this I do know somewhere deep inside me that I am a good teacher and a good person. I also have felt prepared by the spirit that I wasn't going to get this job. I walked out of the interview and had this overwhelming feeling that I wasn't going to get this job, but that I would get a job that was a better fit for me. I do think I would prefer an elementary setting. I have an interview at Riverton Elementary on Tuesday with Jordan school district. I am really grateful for this job I have now, it is great experience and my thought is that if the principal meant what he said about me doing a good job, then I can ask for a letter of reccommendation from him. I can only gain positive things from this experience, right? Unfortunately, after the principal left my classroom on Friday I felt so defeated that I just locked up my classroom and went home. So I have to go in early tomorrow to get organized for the day. So, that makes me feel a little nervous.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dearest Natalie, YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH! YOU ARE GREAT, WONDERFUL, AMAZING, AND DESERVING OF ONLY THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE!. I know that not getting that job can feel a little defeating, but there is a better job out there for you. It always feels hard at the moment, but once it passes and you get a better opportunity it's hard to imagine being happy where you would have been. Working with elementary aged children would be great!
    When can you talk on the phone or skype this week? I'd love to chat and see how you are doing...
    Love you!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great way of putting your feelings into words. I'm sad that you have to deal with job uncertainty, but I'm really impressed by how much you are investing in your current situation. That's Natalie!

    ReplyDelete