4.03.2012

A huge blessing!

Well, I have a job! I am filling a long term sub position as a special Ed teacher of an intellectual disabilities cluster unit for South Jordan Middle School for grades 7-9! I was terrified until I actually went to the classroom, now I am terrified, slightly overwhelmed, and very very excited! I have 13 students who I love already and i am also in charge of peer tutors that come inti my classroom every period. I think it has been a rough year for this class because their teacher quit at the end of January, and there has been a wonderful long term sub till now, but she has a family emergency that she needs to take care of, so now it's me for the rest of the year!

I also have an interview for this exact position for next school year next Thursday. I will be much more prepared this time.

I came home, made yummy fettuccine alfredo, helped make cake balls, and went to the temple to do initiatories. Now, here I am. It's been a long busy day. Here's to hoping I can sleep! And wake up at six! I have to be there at 7:20 tomorrow and I don't have the time to get there ironed out yet. Plus, I don't know what the traffic will be like.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray!!! That is awesome!--those kids and the school are so lucky to have you! So, good luck?...break a leg?...what is the proper term for starting a new job? I know--you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I hope you don't break a leg.:) But Good Luck, nontheless... Also. I just imagined you with a big huge iron, "ironing out the time" haha. Good work on the job! I also like cheesy LDS artists. They are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great, Natalie!! We're very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete