4.02.2012

I may have over-did it today

I wanted to day to be a productive day. I woke up, and went out with my aunt with a list of things to accomplish. Post office, check(to my foreign pen pal in Canada, there might be a letter for you in your future...); car wash, check (my car is now clean inside and out and smells nice too!); work out at golds gym, check (I wore my stretchy work out pants so that people would think I was hard core and not look to see that I am lifting barely any weight at all); buy more fabric at Joann's, check (it's pricey to make a quilt); go to the draper library because there are no decent libraries closer to Alpine, check; went shopping at Smiths for cake ball ingredients for the book group meeting on Wednesday, check. The book they read this past month was Racing in the Rain, a dog's story. I hope to read it tomorrow. Then we stopped in to look at T J Maxx and Down East. Two really great stores, too bad things cost money! Ha! By the time we got home it was two something and although I still had many worthy things to accomplish on my list, I felt super tired, discouraged, and very weak. So... I relaxed (helped a tiny bit with dinner, tiny little bit) and then came back to my room again and slept till now.

I am still tired and hopeful that I will sleep through the night, but I am not feeling well and feeling loneliness perhaps. Slight creeping feelings of sadness. So, what did I do? Went to Mormon messages and watched a bunch. The last one i watched tonight featuring Elder Eyring's talk, "Oh, Remember, Remember," posed a question. "Have I seen the Lord's hand in my life today?". Well, I thought. Have I? A blank mind, and then that searching question. I know the Lord is there for me, and that he blesses me daily. I woke up and read my scriptures and said my prayers... Have I seen his hand today? And then, all the blessings overwhelm me. I have seen his hand this day and everyday. How? In what ways? In the timely emails from my friends, in the love from my family, in the support from my aunt daily, in a little child's smile in the store, in the friendly eyes and conversation of the women who cut fabric for my quilt, in the beautiful sunshine, in the strength of my body and the sharpness of my mind, in the spirit that occompanied a conversation in the car today, in the chilly mountain air, and the snow capped mountains. Everywhere I turn, I am blessed! There is hope! Is there sadness too, yes let's not sweep that under the rug. That is a blessing as well as I turn to my Saviors healing atonement to succor me.

Are there new hire papers for Jordan School District that I still need to fill out and print for tomorrows orientation that I can't seem to get the link to work? Yes! But it'll work out. I'll try again tonight, and again in the morning, and then if nothing else I will leave early enough to fill them out there. Does my muscle under my shouldler still hurt like crazy? yes! Did I eat too much sugar today and now have a sour stomach? Yes, and have I seen the Lord's hand in my life today? Yes! I am not alone, there is hope, and He is with me.

Thanks to those of you who were the Lords hands today through emails and etc...

“Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend… when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present — love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure — the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth.”
–Sarah Ban Breathnach

No comments:

Post a Comment