3.25.2012

Two steps forward, one step backward...

I have been told, "The world is your oyster, Natalie! You can do and be anything you want to be.". There is a part of me that agrees that truly there are no limits to what I can accomplish. There is another part of me that feels very empty, very tired, and like I am staring at the top of the highest mountain from the very very most bottom base camp. Instead of packing my tent up the mountainside, I want to set up shop here and get comfortable. But I don't want to end up at the bottom of the mountain, that isn't where the prettiest views are.

Do you ever have two parts of yourself battling against each other? This happens to me a lot, and I don't mean to suggest that I am bi-polar, but rather that there are two sides to every issues and they say (whoever "they" is, I don't know)that the truth ca be found somewhere in the middle. Sometimes I want so much to be fine, that I do such a great job convincing everyone that I am fine, when deep down I feel less than fine. However, i say I am fine because I do have hope that I will eventually be fine, more than fine even. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.... I just down know how long the tunnel is.

Well, today I was less than fine, less than happy, and so very tired. Being tired probably has a lot to do with that. And at the same time... I got to attend a baptism, visit some friends, eat cafe rio and watch Hunger Games! There was even a little bit of chocolate consumed in between al those things! It was a beautiful day.

Not to get side tracked with Hunger Games, but I just have to say something about the movie versus the book. The beginning of the book was not given enough credit in the movie. I think the beginning of the book is so well written and beautifully set up. However, in the movie it all felt wrong to me, like they left out important details, or thAt really significant moments were glossed over and felt cheesey and hollow. From, the beginning of the actual games on, I was much more pleased with the movie, however my friend Alexay pointed out that even during some of this part, the actors didn't seem to really be in that dire of circumstances. All in all, though, I really liked it. We were sitting on the very front row.

So, back to moving forward and recognizing my progress. Someone once told me that most progres follows an upward circular pattern. So if you feel like you are going in circles, just remember that it is very normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment