3.20.2012

Time and Energy

To keep you, my dear friendsand family, apprised of the details of my life is the purpose of this blog.  So this post it to inform you what exactly it is that I currently spending all of my time and energy on.  I have spent all my time and energy for the last two years on a one-sided relationship, and now that it is coming to an end.  So, now I am putting all of my time and energy into getting back on my feet financially, emotionally, and spiritually.

TO finanically get back on my feet I need a job.  I am certified and licensed to be a Special Education Teacher in the state of Utah.  That still boggles my mind and completely terrifies me in some ways.  I feel that I am having divine support because on Saturday there was a Teacher Fair Preparation Workshop at BYU which had all kinds of great information.  This was super helpful as I get ready to go to the Teacher Fair on Thursday.  I am excited and nervous.  So since then I have been down to Provo everyday to seek career advice and feedback on my resume, references, etc.  I am excited to have the opportunity to work as a Special Educator.  I am putting my faith in Jesus Christ.  I believe that my needs are known to my Heavenly Father and that he will provide, given I do my part.

To spiritually get back on my feet I have been very dilligent about "feasting on the words of Christ."  In a recent blessing I was counseled to immerse myself in the scriptures, and I have been doing my utmost to do this.  Every day I am reminded of how loved I am and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  I also have been praying more often.  I almost always have a prayer in my heart.  Sometimes, I really don't think I can do this.  By this, I mean my life.  Sometimes, it seems to hard.  So, then I say a prayer, and call someone who loves me.  Invariably, the peace and assurance comes.  If you are someone I call, thank you for always loving me! 

To physically and emotionally get back on my feet I am trying to take care of myself the best I know how.  I am trying to exercise every day.  Yesterday I went to Gold's Gym with my aunt on a guest pass.  That is a crazy warehouse of machines and super hard core people.  I don't feel hard core, but I do feel sore today.  My aunt has an exercise ball and an elliptical here at the house, so I am going to do that today.  I want to find a gym that has a pool.  I miss working out with Lisa Christensen from Rochester at the University of Rochester Facilities, but I am so grateful that I did for the short time I was able to.  I have just that much more confidence to do it on my own now.  I had a physical last Monday before I left Rochester with a really awesome doctor.  He did a lot of blood tests on me, and sent me the results.  I have a vitamin D deficiency, fibromyalgia, and a genetic marker (HLA B27) that predisposes me to lots of nasty auto-immune disorders.  So I am taking vitamin d and I am also trying to eat well!  I made delicious granola that Sally Jensen gave me the recipe for!  I am glad to be able to help cook for my aunt's family.  When I can help someone else in the process of helping myself I am always more motivated.  Emotionally, I am so grateful for my family and all of my incredible friends who care so much about me.  THANK YOU!  I know when other people are going through a hard time, it is hard to know what to do.  Just do what you can and be there.  That makes the biggest difference in my life.  Not to mention the prayers.  I really can feel the prayers that are being directed my way.  I am also listening to lots of beautiful music.  Music is very powerful to me. 

I am also making time to just relax!  I loved all the women groups that I was a part of in Whipple Park. LOVED THEM.  I am reading Ella Minnow Pea for this month's book club.  For any fellow Whipple Park-ers I would love to be included in on the recipe swap if that is possible.  I don't know.  Maybe I should start my own recipe swap.  I am loving my new birds, Sky and Kiwi.  They are such calm beautiful parakeets!  I have trained them to step onto my finger, and now they do this without getting so scared that they fly into the walls of my room.  They like having music on as well.  Sometimes I put nature sounds on and they chirp chirp chirp away.  It makes me smile.  I like having something living to take care of. 

So, there you have it.  What my time and energy is currently invested in!  Please tell me what you are doing with your life!!  I love you all so much!

4 comments:

  1. Alot of my time and energy goes into thinking about what I can do for you!!! I KNOW that you ARE amazing, and that you can do this thing called your life! You are inspiring and I love the quote from Audrey Hepburn. Other time and energy is going into putting our Piano Preschool lesson plans online, available for sale... jenny is amazing. Other energies, taking care of sweetie Abi. I love you Natalie! Great job on the job fair today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you! Thanks for being my awesome twin!

      Delete
  2. I hope things go well in the job hunt! Just so you know, we're praying for you in this corner of the world! And you may have noticed, but we're moving to California, so we'll be visiting Utah more often. I'd love to visit you if that's alright! you're also welcome to visit us if you need an excuse to go see the ocean, Disneyland, etc. We're about an hour away from everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am so grateful for the prayers. I would love to see you anytime! Thanks for the excuse to go to California! I will have to take you up on that!

      Delete