3.18.2012

The Thing About Blogs

I love blogs... And I hate them. I really think they are a great way to let many people know what's going on at the same time. I think it is important to document your life. I agree with Socrates wholeheartedly, that the unexamined life is not worth living. I love reading other people's blogs and seeing their creativity and productivity. AND. It frustrates me that I am so aware that I am writing something that will be viewed by many people, and it changes what I say and how I say it. I tend to become more dramatic and poetic. I also make way more typos than i would ever like to admit. I have very wordy, confusing, long sentences with lot of hyphenating, parentheses and commas. I re-read the post that I just wrote and I thought it sounded very preachy and didn't give a whole lot of information. I don't like the idea that once I publish something it is sent into the vast and unknown cyberspace. What if I change my mind? Because I do that.... A lot. What if I offend someone, or say something that is logically full of holes, or etc... I could go on and on with the what if's. I have a never ending supply of self doubt and insecurity.

So... I'm going to proceed with caution. I will try not to be overly dramatic or philosophical or preachy or whatever. I will try to be interesting and true to life.

I will try tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment