3.28.2012

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day...


I have a very dear friend who has an ever increasing selection of movies. She is very generous in letting me borrow the ones I haven't seen. Every time I borrow some movies, there are at least five or six that I haven't seen. She is better than Netflix or Redbox. Plus. She has excellent taste in movies. I just watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day... And I found it delightful. Lately, watching movies serves as a meaningful escape. Its better than watching an episod of a tv show because it has an ending that mostly leaves me satisfied. It helps me pass the time, because, right now I seem to have a lot of it. This will not always be the case, but today it is.

I spent the day with my aunts, shopping. It was wonderful and tiring. These three women are some of the kindest people I know. They love each other and they love me, and it was really nice to be with them today. We spent a lot of time looking for an elusive outfit for Marilyn to wear at her daughter Kate's impending wedding. Kate, who like me, is her mothers youngest daughter. She also, like me, was widowed at a very young age after a short time being married. She is getting married again, hopefully in May and I wish her great happiness. Her colors are chocolAte brown and fushia, which are beautiful colors, but brown is not in the stores right now so we searched high and low for anything today. We found something, not super great but a possibility.

I also bought some fabric for a strip quilt. I am very excited. Because without my aunts talent, fabric, and machines... This would never happen on its own. I tried to find a picture but I failed. I used the colors from my favorite pillow, a find from IKEA. The colors are dark blue, a lighter grayer blue, a mustard yellow, dark red, and green. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Anyhow, I have been feeling a bit blue today despite all the wonderful beautiful things around me. So, I came home and watched this movie. The premise is this. A nanny gets fired from her job and trying to prove her worth basically steals what she thinks is a nanny position, but instead is a social secretary for a woman who is trying to become a star. It is quite comical, and endearing. What came across to me was that if you are true to who you are you will end up with what you really want after all.

I love that. Well, today I took a break from the job hunt. Tomorrow I will try again.

3 comments:

  1. That movie sounds fun and delightful. Shopping sounds tiring, especially when you are looking for something specific. Your quilt sounds beautiful. Good luck with the job hunt. 2 days to my run! Ahh... so nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a good movie...I'll have to watch it! The other day we saw "12 Angry Men" and we would recommend it if you haven't seen it (it's from the 50's and is about a jury deciding a murder case. The whole movie is shot in one room...we liked it) Aunts are great. I'm glad you have gotten some good time with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dear friend has excellent taste in movies!

    ReplyDelete