8.03.2012

Somebody Loved

Listening to one of my good friends story of how she met and married he husband and best friend gives me hope of happy successful relationships. I really think it is such a wonderful thing when two lives cross paths in such a way that each other's lives is never the same in beautiful indescribable ways.

This week was my last week of ESY and also a week of 8am-4pm training for first year special education teachers called Running Start. I went all day Monday and Friday, and then half days of ESY and training for the rest of the week. With ESY in West Jordan, training in SLC, and home in Alpine for one more week I did a lot of driving! Such a tiring week. How does this apply to my first paragraph? Well, I feel so lucky, blessed, fortunate that I got to know the students that I worked with this summer at ESY. My heart heals when I am around these incredible people. I hope they know how much I love and care for them. It is hard to let them go, and not know where their lives will lead. I question whether I have made a difference or helped them in any tangible ways. What I know without any hesitation is the impact they have had on me. I feel that my soul is enlarged by their presence. They help me be a better me. I see in each of my students such a bright light. A hope for the future. I see how special and how smart they are. I love the challenge of figuring out how to access their strengths. I am grateful that my life has crossed paths with their lives.

I do stress about being "good enough." As a teacher... and just in general. This is why I am so grateful for the atonement, because I know that as I do my best and let the Savior into my life that my inadequacies are swallowed up by his mercy, grace, and love.

Love is such an incredible valuable thing in my life. Although hard to quantity or define, it is what really makes my life worthwhile. To love and be loved- that is my hearts desire in every situation.

I love this song by The Weepies. It's called Somebody Loved (hence the title of this post):

Rain turns the sand into mud
Wind turns the trees into bone
Stars turning high up above
You turn me into somebody loved

Nights when the heat had gone out
We danced together alone
Cold turned our breath into clouds
We never said what we were dreaming of
But you turned me into somebody loved

Someday when we're old and worn
Like two softened shoes
I will wonder on how I was born
The night I first ran away from you

Now my feet turn the corner back home
Sun turns the evening to rose
Stars turning high up above
You turn me into somebody loved

[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/the_weepies/somebody_loved.html ]

Thanks for all of you who have turned me into somebody loved!

1 comment:

  1. You and I really were meant to be friends. I LOVE the Weepies.

    ReplyDelete