8.20.2012

A quarter of a century!

Happy Birthday! To me! And Nichole! It was a wonderful day, it was a pretty normal day. I got home super late either really late Friday night or really early Saturday morning- whichever way you choose to look at it. My furniture was delivered on Saturday! What an awesome birthday present. In fact I am sitting on my awesome couch now. I think I owe you guys some pictures of my apartment. It is coming together! It really feels like home. Alexay and I were driving home from church and I felt so excited to be going HOME. It feels good to have a place, a space that is your "own." The rest of my day I spent basically working on the apartment, returning bins that I used to move with, and stopping by at some of my favorite people's houses! It was good. I like 25. It feels good.

I love my ward. Transitioning to a new place and new ward is always hard. I try very hard to be outgoing and friendly, but it takes time and a lot of effort to not feel like an outsider anymore. I am making really good headway on that front. I debated whether or not to go to Ward Prayer tonight, and then went thinking that I would just go and come home quickly. Just put my time in, you know. Well I went and it was so much fun! I made a really great friend who invited me to spend time with a group of friends that get together often! It was so nice. I wanted to write down this good day so I can remember it. This is the second Sunday in a row where I feel like I am where I need to be. Such a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment