8.12.2012

First Sunday in River Oaks YSA ward



This is now my third time being a young single adult, so it was with some hesitation and trepidation that I went to the YSA ward today. It was really great! I feel like this ward has every kind of people in it and is very accepting and welcoming. I forgot how much they feed you in a singles ward! Today after church, which started at 1 with RS first, then Sunday School, then Sacrament Meeting, we had a munch and mingle with a potato bar. Super yummy. Then we had ward prayer with yummy popcorn balls. Mmm. Tomorrow is a stake activity with water games and a catered dinner! I am not just in it for the food, although that is an added perk and gives you something to do when you are new and don't really know anyone. I also loved the depth, insight and experience that I noticed in the lessons, comments, and sacrament meeting talks. I am excited to be part of something bigger than myself again! I am really glad to have Alexay to go through this with too. She is so awesome! At the welcome meeting, the Bishop bragged that this ward has so many activities. Apparently last week they had at least six activities, which is a little crazy.

Anyhow, the church is true no matter where you are or what kind of ward you are in. I really feel good about where I am.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you! Pictures and everything! Your blog is awesome! I am so excited to see you.... in 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear it was a great experience being back in a YSA ward. It sounds just like the kind of ward you need right now. Have fun with Jeff, Nichole, and Abi. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early of course)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete