Nothing smells worse than burnt popcorn... well okay that could be argued otherwise, but burnt popcorn is up there on the list of 'worst smells in the world." I think the thing that bugs me the most is that it isn't enough that it smells hideous, you know the take your breath away fumes, but it attaches itself to everything it come in contact with-clothes, hair, anything it can attach itself to. So when people walk into your apartment, their first thought is not how snazzy your place looks, but, "what is that hideous smell?" or the anxious, "Is something burning?" Nope, everything's okay that is just because I burned popcorn in the microwave last year. Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.
So what prompted this fabulous post? I went to a Book of Mormon study at my Bishop's home this evening, and his wife made popcorn for us to snack on- smothered in white chocolate. Well, needless to say it was delicious. So I went home from this spiritual occasion with the desire to not only read, pray and attend the temple more consistently, but to make delicious popcorn. So I microwaved a bag of popcorn, melted the remainder of my cherry chips on the stove, and mixed the two together. It looked and tasted good, but it was still a little bit melty so I thought I'll just let this cool down and I'll have a yummy snack for work tomorrow. So I am laying in bed, listening to a wonderful song over and over again on repeat when I smell the popcorn and it's burning. So I walk into the kitchen and reconize the source right away. I left the ceramic bowl on the stove top and left the burner on. So... I wasn't too smart. I opened the door and waved it back and forth hoping to get rid of the smell, after a few seconds I thought to remove the smoking bowl from the apartment. So I took it outside, turned on the fan, lit some candles, then checked on the bowl outside on the cement stairs. There still is a strange sound of boiling/burning coming from the bowl, so I stupidly brought the bowl back inside and doused it with water... which caused it to hiss and smoke even worse INSIDE instead of outside. Trauma. So, there you have it.
Burnt popcorn stinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment