5.17.2012

Good things come to those who wait...

So, remember that amazing interview I had at Kauri Sue Hamilton? Well, I got offered the job today and I accepted it! I am officially a real person. I graduated and got a real job! I have to give a shout out to Celeste Peterson who made this all possible. Why, you may wonder? I'll tell you why because she called several weeks ago when I needed it the most (that girl listens to the spirit, I tell you what) and asked if there was anything that she could do a million miles away in Rochester. At the time I couldn't think of anything, but a week or so later when I was so overwhelmed by this long term sub position that I am in and I was too busy or tired to apply for more jobs. The thought popped into my head, I bet Celeste would help me apply on teachers-teachers.com. Which is a website that I had already put all my info on. So, anyhow this is as much her victory as mine and without her I may or may not have applied to kauri sue in the first place.

I have been asked recently how I do it sometimes. How do I go through such hard things like losing a husband and still maintain my testimony? And not that I have all the answers by any means, or that I have done it all on my own because of my own greatness. In fact it is quite the opposite. It is in choosing to place one foot in front of the other and to look to the light in the middle of darkness knowing that your prayers are heard and answered and that the reason you can't see the blessings yet is because they are on their way. The only way I know how to live is by believing that it is all worth it and that my best is good enough because of the atonement of Jesus. Christ. I am constantly reminded that everyone goes through their own intense agony, whether it be public or private and that we would be nothing were it not for the saving grace and the the sacrifice of our heavenly fathers only begotten son, Jesus Christ.

Anyhow, I am grateful! Speech over.

No comments:

Post a Comment